Tuesday, March 22, 2005

This coming weekend

I'm really looking forward to some time off this weekend. The current plans are to visit the Anza Borrego state park once again to get another look at the wild flowers. This year has been an amazing year of rains for Southern California, a record year. Because of the combination of rain and sunshine, this year has seen the biggest wildflower bloom since, some say, 1993. Sandy and I will be heading out there as my "not a morning person" body will allow me. I hope to get more photos of the wildflowers in bloom, hopefully some good enough to frame and hang. And of course, we'll have to log in some time geocaching out there too. The last time we were out there we found several caches in quick succession, pushing the so called limit of being no closer than .1 mile from each other. Hmph!

I also need to get my bike repaired sometime soon. A few weeks ago I took a good spill in the dark on one of our night rides. I came down pretty hard, but fortunately the only casualties were my new riding jacket, and my bike. Nothing that can't be fixed, I hope. Anyhow last night I tried to get my bike on the rack to take it to a bike shop, and the rack broke ... Ggrrr. With the weather turning to as nice as it is I really want to get out there and ride.

Next weekend Sandy will be going on a Christan Womens retreat and my brother and I will be heading to Big Bear to do some snowboarding. It should be fun.

No comments: