Monday, March 14, 2005

Back from PS

I just got back from PS and found that incidents have happened while I've been gone. Students at one of our schools has been caught logging on using a teacher's computer. Just a quick summary, the domain controller at SPHS was recently hacked and compromised. In order to repair and safeguard the network, we had to take it down. At this point we were very clear that students are not to log in to computers at all. If they did, they would have unrestricted clear access to some very sensitive areas of our network.

This can't continue! I'm going to talk to the assistant principal at the school on how we should proceed.

It is very frustrating to hear from staff that our network is slow, or that technology never seems to work. Then I hear that the same users are doing things that directly impact the network. They complain about conditions, but don't contribute to a solution, only more problems.

On another topic: Sandy and I got back to find a message on our answering maching from Ann, the person coordinating the trip to K this year. She said that she didn't need me to come along this year. Sandy and I didn't know what to say. We were so upset and frustrated. We don't understand. How could they not need me to come out there with the team? This one is going to take a lot of prayer and "cooling off" before I call her to discuss and try to understand.

On yet another topic: I was able to visit my brother out at the zoo that he works at in Palm Desert. He is the only Vet Tech for the entire zoo. (It's a small zoo with 1 Vetrenarian and 1 vet tech). I was really impressed and amazed at what my brother is doing these days. He works with rattlesnakes, cheetahs, and camels. Amazing stuff really.

No comments: