Friday, March 17, 2006

Connections


One of the great things about the Internet is how small it makes the world. It is because of this virtual global community that we hear from our listeners from Denmark, South Africa, the UK, Australia and all over the US. It's because of these electronic connections that we are able to establish human connections with real people in real places.

I have been in contact with a geocacher in Washington (Glenn). He's also happens to be an educator (Principal and Director of Tech). He's a Christian and a geek. Sound familiar. I will have the pleasure of meeting him face to face this summer since he and I (and many other people) are organizing a geocaching extravanganza for a national education conference (NECC).

No suprise that he has a blog. http://peptechtalk.blogspot.com/ I've been reading his blog for awhile and today I mined a nugget. He pointed me to a website called ProtoPage. You've got to check this out. It's a "start" page. I think I'll be converting this to my default home page soon. Very cool. Give yourself some time to explore.

1 comment:

Dr. Glenn E. Malone said...

ditto what Sandy said...minus the "honey" part. :)