Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Things are rolling ...

How cool is it to not be sick? Very cool. Being sick sucks. I know that I don't have to tell you that, you've all been there. I'm not sure why it was such an annoyance this time. Maybe it's because I haven't been sick in a long, long time. Maybe it's because my annoyance began right at the begnning of my 3 day weekend. Maybe it's because things are rolling now and it's very inconvenient to get sick. The bummer now is that Sandy is sick. She doesn't have the same, flu, temperature, fever thing that I had, but instead has a nast cough and is sneezy. Ug. I'm still hanging on to a cough that won't go away and is a minor annoyance. In the big scheme of things, it's an annoyance. I am a bit uncomfortable, but I can still work and still do things. I can only imagine (and wouldn't want to) the health situations that certain people must deal daily that are far more than an annoyance. I think about all the people with truly debilitating and sometimes terminal conditions and feel blessed that all I have to deal with is a cough.

Growth Group has started up again (actually tomorrow night will be the 3rd week already). This should be a good quarter. We had 2 more couples join, so that brings our numbers up to a total of 12 people. We've already planned our service project as well as the social. The social will be (what else?) a trip to go geocaching after church one day. That should be fun.

Tonight will be the 2nd week for my CSUSM class. I'm looking forward to this semester. I'm teaching in a PC lab this time (last semester I was in the Mac lab) and it's large and oddly shaped for teaching. I have several enthusiastic students and I'm looking forward to learning from them and teaching them this semester. I "think" I have a total of 22 students at the time of this writing. Disappointingly, many students did not turn in their assignments on time (last night) and will be marked late for their first assignments. I hope this is not a continuing trend for the semester. Sometimes the beginning of the semester can start off bumpy as students are getting used to the tools ...

No comments: