Saturday, January 14, 2006

Sick At Home

Ug. I hate being sick. Friday morning I woke up with a cough. My secretary and one of the techs at work has had a cough for the last several weeks. Also my boss just got back from taking several days off because she was sick. The whole time, for the last several weeks I was doing really well. I wasn't sick at all. I don't get sick that often anymore. That's one of the side benefits of having been in the classroom for 12 years; a bullet-proof, cast-iron immune system ... almost. I remember my first few years of teaching, snffles almost all the time. Kids coming in bringing me the most exotic strains of bacteria and viruses. The really unusual one were delivered right after Christmas and Spring break or Summer when the student had the opportunity to travel and pick up stuff we don't have at home. I've been doing pretty well, but the last few days has not been status quo. I've been running and temp and don't feel like doing anything. I don't want to get on the comptuer (yet here I am), I don't want to play xbox, I don't want to watch DVDs. As I said, Ug.

We cancelled the game night we were going to host here at our house. I know that Sandy was really looking forward to it. So was I. I was also looking forward to this weekend off (3 days) to rest, recupe and prep for a busy year. It's a good thing I have 3 days.

ED 422 starts on Tues night. I think I'll be recording the audio from that first night because there is so much that we go over. I'm looking forward to another great semester with 422.

1 comment:

Mariano's Mama said...

A secretary?! Who has a secretary?! =) Hey, Sonny! Good to see you in the education world. Long time since our ole' 'SC days. Brenda told me that I could find you here! Hugs! =)