Monday, October 24, 2005

Anniversary in Idyllwild



Just got back from our anniversary weekend up in Idyllwild. That was my first time there. A nice little small mountain town. It was a great get-away, very relaxing. I was actually able to sit and play the uke for a bit too! I had the time to really play and focus. I'm amazed at the depth of that little instrument. Most people think of the Ukulele as a whimsical "toy", but if played well it can be an amazing instrument. Check out music by an artist called Jake Shimabukuro for an example of awesome Uke playing!

Here's a pic that I shot of the local mountains near sunset.

It was nice to get away from the "heavy" tech use for a couple days. I say heavy because there was still a small amount of electronically driven things we had with us. My iPod and a set of small portable speakers is always good for some background music. I carried around the DSLR and had some interesting conversation with some local shop owners about photography and art because of that. We did bring a laptop and watched one episode of TNG one evening.

When we got back home (Jake still has his cathoder and head cone on), Sandy and I recorded show #21: The geocaching proposal story part 2. We haven't gotten a lot of response from our recent shows and it makes me wonder if anyone is listening to us anymore. Sandy and I came up with this idea that's related to geocaching, but we'll have to see if we can make it happen.

No comments: