Monday, August 29, 2005

Getting Busy

This Thursday is the first class for the next ED 422 semester. I'm really looking forward to teaching again. Although things tend to get busy fast (Bible study starts up at about the same time that CSUSM starts up) I think I'm ready to get rolling. At least this year I don't have band rehearsal every Monday night any longer.

The new activity that Sandy and I will have to make time for is the Podcacher recording that we typically do on Sunday night for a Monday show. Sandy and I are still working out some bugs, but the production and post production are starting to become quicker and more efficient. One thing that we did new with this last show was house in on a new server (libsyn) to try and solve the download problems that have happened with some of our listeners. We are still waiting for more feedback, but one person has already written us and said that things are much better.

We'll see.

We had a "root analysis" meeting at work today. The meeting was fascilitated by our new assistant superintendent of Businiess Services. He led us through a 4 hour discussion in an attempt to reveal the core or root causes to some of the problems that we are experiencing. In this particular case we explored the issue of technology. I was really glad that we had the opportunity to run this excercise regarding technology. I have the opinion that there are many aspects regarding the complexity of the management of technology that most people are not aware of. I'm happy to raise awareness with this important issue when possible.

No comments: