Friday, February 17, 2006

Things are busy

Things are pretty busy right now. It feels like I haven't had any time off, that's probably because I haven't. For the last several weeks, it's been work, work, work. Sandy and I try to get up early to run / excercise. We know it's good for us, so we try to discipline ourselves to do it. It's tough though. Neither of us are morning people (we are very compatible here!) and at this time of year, it's COLD! I know we shouldn't complain, there are other parts of the world that are actually freezing, but being a California guy, having to run all bundled up feel unnatural.

After we get home, I shower and dress and head off to work. Right now I'm not enjoying my job. There is a major project looming over my head, and I'm finding it difficult to get motivated about it.

When I get home from work, there is usually more work to do. I'll usually have a brisk dinner with Sandy and then hit the work. Monday nights I prep to lead the Growth Group that actually happens on Weds night. Prepping can (and usually does) take several hours. I not only prep on facilitating the discussion of the sermon, but I also prep to lead worship. I'll choose 3 songs, and make sure that I've got them "wired". This usually take about an hour (for the worship prep part) and is usually the only hour I really get to "practice" on the guitar. One hour a week ... The whole prep take me to about 9:30 or 10:00, and it's time to go to sleep.

Tuesday: Workout, work, go to CSUSM to teach. This take me to about 9:00. Go home, eat dinner, sleep.

Weds: Workout, work, go home, eat, lead Growth Group. Our guests usually leave around 9:30 to 10:00. Sleep.

Thurs: Prep for CSUSM. This takes at least 4 hours. Last night, I spent about 5 hours prepping and still didn't get done. More to do tonight.

Fri: Get home from work, eat, work, sleep.

The last several weekends, have been: work all day, sleep, work church, record pocacher, sleep.

Then the week starts all over again ...

Ug

No comments: